Pulmonology department deals with preventing, diagnosing and treating Lung Disorders including Breathing Problems due to Allergy & Asthma, Tuberculosis, CysticFibrosis and conditions such as COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder)and even Snoring.Our specialists are trained in managing conditions which requires intensive care andoffers evidence based multi-disciplinary treatment. The Centre houses a team of experts who provides respiratory care and nutrition in an all-inclusive set up.
Common diseases evaluated and treated by pulmonologists
- Asthma: A condition which makes breathing difficult, causes coughing, wheezing and short of breath. This happens when your airways narrow and swell, it also produces extra mucus.
- COPD: A lung disease that makes it hard to breath. Chronic Bronchitis and Emphysema are two forms of COPD.
- Tuberculosis: an infection which affects not only the lungs but also other parts of the body.
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea: A condition which obstructs upper airway during sleep repeatedly usually associated with reduction in blood oxygen saturation.
- Cystic Fibrosis: an inherited disease that damages the lungs and digestive system
- Pulmonary Hypertension: a situation caused due to high blood pressure affecting the arteries of the lungs and heart.
- Lung Cancers
- Pulmonary Function Studies
- Fibre Optic Bronchoscopy
- Endobronchial Ultrasound (EBUS) & Transbronchial Needle Aspiration
- Radial and Linear EBUS
- Sleep Study