Cardio Thoracic Surgery
Doctors Panel :
- Dr .YOGANATHAN NAMPOOTHIRI M, MBBS,MS,MCH(CTVS), CARDIAC SURGEON
Cardio Thoracic Surgeon:
Dr. Yoganathan Namboothiri - MBBS, MS, MCH (CTVS)
12 years of expertise and has conducted around 40 surgeries with 0% mortality rate in a span of six months.
Coronary bypass surgery is used to treat heart attacks or serious chest pain (angina) , breathing difficulty due to poor pumping of heart caused by blockages in the arteries that supply blood to the heart muscle.
Off-pump CABG (beating heart surgery; without stopping heart) is considered an advanced method of performing CABG.
Why should a doctor advice CABG:
Once significant blocks are diagnosed one should undergo CABG. The reasons are by restoring blood supply of heart:
- You are relieved of agonising Chest Pain (Angina in various forms)
- Prevent your heart muscles getting damaged (heart attack, weakening of muscles)
- Restoration of health of damaged or poorly functioning muscles
- Prevents sudden death due to heart attacks or arrhythmias (abnormal beating of heart)
Advantages of Beating Heart CABG:
- Faster recovery
- Better for renal patients, patients with respiratory problems or H/o stroke
- Reduced incidence of wound infections